Using automated databases and working with a variety of entities, the National Gang Center identifies gang-related legislation. This information is updated as new legislation and existing legislation are identified. Please review the gang-related legislation disclaimer.
- Gang, Gang Crime, and Gang Member Definitions
This document describes current federal law and proposed legislation, as well as current state law.
The information is updated annually.
Gang-Related Legislation by State
Additional information on state legislation is available through the National Conference of State Legislatures’ Website.
Gang-Related Legislation by Subject
- Community-Based Organizations
- Drive-By Shooting
- Enhanced Penalties—Sentencing
- Expert Testimony
- Gang Activity and Forfeiture
- Gang Databases
- Gang Participation
- Gang Prevention
- Gang Prosecution
- Gang Recruitment, Threats, Intimidation
- Gang Witnesses/Victims
- Gang-Related Civil Causes of Action
- Gang-Related Clothing, Dress Codes, School Uniforms
- Gang-Related Definitions
- Gang-Related Findings and Declarations
- Gang-Related Funding
- Gangs and Correctional Facilities
- Gangs and Schools
- Gangs and Weapons
- Juvenile Gang Members
- Law Enforcement Training
- Miscellaneous Gang Legislation
- Probation and Parole
- Public Nuisance/Premises Used by Gangs