Legislation listed on this site refers to laws that are officially in effect.
Proposed and pending bills in state or federal legislatures are not included here
until they have become enforceable laws in effect. On a rare basis,
laws in effect are declared unconstitutional in whole or in part after judicial review.
To verify the current status of any law listed on this site, visit the official state or
federal code website provided.
Please review the gang-related legislation disclaimer and general instructions.
Gang-Related Legislation by State and Federal Jurisdiction
Gang-Related Legislation by Subject
- Accomplice Liability
- Bail, Pretrial, Conditional Release, or Conditional Dismissal
- Civil and Administrative Actions
- Correctional Facilities and Jails
- Criminal Intelligence Information and Systems (including Gang Databases)
- Data Reporting and Sharing
- Definition of Gang
- Definition of Gang Member
- Definition Related to Gang Criminality
- Drive-By Shooting
- Findings and Declarations
- Foster Care and Alternative Placement (Juveniles)
- Penalties (including Sentencing Enhancement), Fines, and Damages
- Prevention, Reduction, and Suppression
- Probation, Parole, and Release
- Racketeering, Money Laundering, Criminal Enterprise, and Criminal Profiteering
- Recruitment, Threats, Intimidation
- Schools and Education
- Training and Technical Assistance
- Witnesses and Victims