- Conduct a communitywide assessment of risk and protective factors for delinquency and gang involvement.
- Conduct a communitywide assessment of the gang problem.
- Acknowledge the gang problem.
- Form an agreement among stakeholders to work together in addressing the gang problem.
- Set goals and objectives.
- Develop and integrate relevant services and strategies.
- Create a one-stop center that addresses gang involvement and general delinquency involvement with individual
problem assessment, services, service referral, and recreational activities.
- Implement an evaluation of outcomes.
- Develop a strategic action plan to address the interrelationship of juvenile
delinquency and gang problems, consisting of prevention activities.
- Involve community stakeholders in establishing clear and consistent social norms and effective social policies.
- Support first-time, low-income mothers with education, nutrition, health, safety, and human service resources to
improve maternal, prenatal, and early childhood health and well-being.