Planning and Implementation
- OJJDP Model Programs Guide (MPG)
- The MPG is designed to assist practitioners and communities in implementing evidence-based programs across the entire continuum of youth services, using the framework of the OJJDP Comprehensive Strategy for Serious, Violent, and Chronic Juvenile Offenders (Wilson and Howell, 1993; Howell, 1995, 2003a, 2003b): prevention, immediate sanctions, intermediate sanctions, residential programs, and reentry.
- National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Model Programs, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- The National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP) is a searchable online registry of mental health and substance abuse interventions that have been reviewed and rated by independent reviewers.
- Blueprints for Violence Prevention Project
Center for the Study and Prevention of Violence
University of Colorado
- This is an online database of evidence-based programs that prevent or reduce juvenile delinquency or related problem behaviors.
- Find Youth Info
- This is a multi-agency U.S. government web site that helps users create, maintain, and strengthen a very broad array of youth programs. Included are youth facts, funding information, and tools for assessing community resources, generating maps of local and federal resources, searching for evidence-based youth programs, and keeping up-to-date on the latest, youth-related news.
- Exemplary and Promising Safe, Disciplined and Drug-Free Schools Programs, U.S. Department of Education:
- What Works Clearinghouse, U.S. Department of Education:
- The Campbell Crime and Justice Coordinating Group:
- OJJDP Smart System
- The SMART System is a Geographic Information System (GIS)-based issues management system, developed to support the early identification of emerging local issues and provide resources to assist decision makers with implementing both rapid response and long-term plans. This system will allow the users to locate resources and incidents of crime and delinquency and other social indicators, visualize the data, and perform complex location-based analysis that should lead to better decision making.
- Statistical Briefing Book
- The OJJDP Statistical Briefing Book provides basic information on juvenile crime and victimization and on youth involved in the juvenile justice system. Data on population characteristics, juvenile arrests, juveniles as victims, juveniles in court, juveniles as offenders, and juveniles in corrections gives timely and reliable statistical answers to the questions asked most frequently by policymakers, the media, and the general public.